Over 10,000 marched on Times Square in opposition to Obama's Iran sanctions / nuclear deal with a message resounding across the West. Experts and luminaries delivered impassioned explanations and demands for Congress-people, particularly NY Sen. Chuck Schumer- to work to over-ride the expected presidential veto in the launch, "Stop Iran Rally" in NY on July 22nd.
Watch addresses by Col. Allen West, Alan Dershowitz, Caroline Glick, Monica Crowley, Mort Zuckerman, Steve Emerson, NY Gov. George Pataki, British Col. Richard Kemp, Wiesenthal's Rabbi Abe Cooper, Helen Freedman, and former Manhattan district attorney Robert Morganthau, among others.
Original video by DemoCast.TV
The message resonated through regional rallies this week throughout North America- in Washington, Southern California and scheduled ones in Winnipeg, Canada and London, England.
“STOP IRAN” PROTEST IN TIMES SQUARE
Thousands of Americans Rally to Demand Congress Vote Down Iran Nuke Deal
The “STOP IRAN RALLY,” the largest, grassroots bipartisan American protest against the deal granting Iran a fast track to a nuclear bomb, was held in Times Square on Wednesday, July 22.
Thousands of Americans from all faith traditions, political interests and communities, including Christians, Muslims, Jews, registered Democrats and Republicans, LGBT, Iranian-Americans, and others demanded that Congress vote down the Iran deal.
Under the umbrella of the STOP IRAN RALLY COALITION, more than 100 organizations spanning the nation's political, religious and social spectrum will participate. A roster of preeminent experts from senior levels of the military, government, academic, and media establishments will speak at the rally.
“Strip away the administration’s rhetoric and it's clear this deal gives the Mullahs – the world's foremost sponsors of terrorism, $150 billion in return for effectively nothing: no dismantlement of Iran's nuclear program; no anytime or anywhere inspections; no eradication of Iran’s ballistic missile program; no maintenance of the arms embargo; and no halt to Iran's sponsorship of terror, said Jeffrey Wiesenfeld, STOP IRAN RALLY’s co-organizer.
Wiesenfeld added, “Washington is prepared to give Iran virtually all that it needs to get to the bomb. To release $150 billion to Iran will result in the expansion of worldwide terror. New York Senator Charles Schumer has the votes as presumptive leader to override this deal if he wants. To do anything less is cynical and disgraceful, and the public will not be fooled this time. Americans will not stand for another North Korea. If this deal is not stopped, New York voters will know whom to blame.”
“The Administration uses scare tactics in falsely claiming that the alternative to this deal is war,” said Steve Emerson, Executive Director of The Investigative Project on Terrorism and a speaker at the STOP IRAN RALLY. “This deal would actually lead to more war, many more deaths of Americans and our allies and much more international terrorism.”
“This is a bipartisan issue, not a political one,” said Richard Allen, a local activist leading the STOP IRAN RALLY volunteers. “Now, Congress must rise to the occasion and expose evisceration of U.S. national security and pass a resolution of disapproval. Congress must also override President Obama's threatened veto, and return America's Iran policy to dealing from a position of strength rather than appeasement. We are mobilizing nationwide to let our lawmakers know we will hold each and every one of them to account for the consequences of this dangerous deal being foisted on the American people.”
SPEAKERS AT THE “STOP IRAN” RALLY INCLUDE:
• James Woolsey, Former Director of the CIA and Chairman of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies
• Gov. George Pataki, Former Three-Term Governor of New York
• Robert Morgenthau, Manhattan District Attorney from 1975 to 2009
• Allen West, Former Congressman and retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel
• Prof. Alan Dershowitz, Attorney and Professor at the Harvard School of Law
• Caroline Glick, Deputy Managing Editor of The Jerusalem Post
• Pete Hoekstra, Former U.S. Congressman and Chair of the House Intelligence Committee
• U.S. Navy Admiral James A. “Ace” Lyons, Former Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet and Senior U.S. Military Representative to the United Nations
• General Paul E. Vallely, Former U.S. Army Major General and Chairman of Stand Up America
• Mortimer Zuckerman, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of U.S. News & World Report and the publisher of the New York Daily News and former Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
• John Batchelor, Radio Talk Host, WABC-AM
• Steven Emerson, Executive Director of The Investigative Project on Terrorism
• Frank Gaffney, Founder of the Center for Security Policy
• Kasim Hafeez, Founder of “The Israel Campaign” and Christians United for Israel’s Outreach Coordinator
• Tony LoBianco, Actor and Activist
• Clare M. Lopez, Former CIA officer, Terrorism and Iran Expert at Center for Security Policy
• Herbert I. London, President Emeritus of Hudson Institute and former Dean of New York University
• Colonel Richard Kemp, Former Commander of the British Forces in Afghanistan
• David Brog, Executive Director, Christians United for Israel
• Genevieve Wood, Senior Fellow, The Heritage Foundation
The STOP IRAN RALLY is coordinated by the STOP IRAN RALLY COALITION, a grassroots movement of volunteer citizens, in partnership with more than 100 organizations spanning the entire political, religious and social spectrum. More information can be found at www.stopiranrally.org. Follow updates about the rally on Twitter @stopiranrally and #stopiranrally.